The first round of post-day zero update information has been posted on the official New World website.
The patch notes can be found on the New Worlds website here.
OCTOBER 5, 2021
We have introduced the basics of character transfer from the server, and you can see the elements of this activity in the in-game store. We're still working on this feature, and we'll have more details on how the system works later this week when we release server transfers.
Changed the turret shells in Physical Warfare to use hitscan detection. This should improve performance during the war as fewer objects appear in the world.
PREVENTION OF AFK
To make sure players can't stay in AFK, especially on servers with a larger population, we've made the following adjustments to the AFK prevention system.
- Additional AFK protection has been added so that players cannot fool the existing system with simulated mouse movement.
- The AFK warning message has been reduced from 20 minutes to 15 minutes.
- AFK disconnection has been reduced from 25 minutes to 20 minutes.
We have added a confirmation screen when a player tries to leave the queue to a world, asking the player to confirm whether they are going to leave the queue. This should ensure that no one accidentally leaves the line and misses their place in the line.
- Fixed a rare bug that caused the interaction key to malfunction on various objects in the world.
- Fixed an issue where the barrel would not appear in the Pirate Stance emote.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players not receiving Coins as rewards for certain activities.
- Fixed an issue where interrupting the fast travel animation could cause the player's character to get stuck at home.
- Fixed a bug with the territory's reputation rewards lacking localized text.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being asked repeatedly to claim Achievement Titles after logging back into the game after claiming their rewards.
- Fixed an issue that caused the leg animations to freeze.
- Fixed game crashes related to New World Twitch integration. Integrations have been re-enabled in this update.
- Fixed a rare issue where players could enter a state where they could not be hit by most attacks.
- Fixed an issue where some item containers could be looted indefinitely.
- Fixed an issue where the event abandonment notification could sometimes continue after the player abandoned the event.
- Fixed an issue that caused Pastor Walsh to appear aggressively at the Walsham Point of Interest (POI).
- Fixed an issue where enemies would spawn slower than scheduled in Bullrush Wash POI.
- Fixes issue whereby Overseer Zane respawned slower than intended in the quest titled Something to Prove.
- Fixed an issue where Master Zindt could duplicate respawn in the Kannan Tomb POI.
- Added missing information in the Recommended Quest Level log for players trying to unlock a second faction rank.
- Fixes issue whereby resetting the 'Blessings of the Earth' quest after earning any of the blessings would block progress in the main story quest (MSQ).
- Fixed a bug that made the mission 'Azoth Fulminate' unavailable to players if they first completed other Windsward missions.
- Fixes issue whereby completing the quest 'Crush Goodwill' prevented the player from obtaining the quest 'Arrud's Jam.
- Fixed an issue where the Bartender's Chat state in First Light could enter a state where it was not possible to receive tasks from the Bartender.
- Fixes issue whereby completing the quest "A Taste of Vengeance" prevented the player from obtaining the quests "Predator, Prey" and "Great Expectations.
- Fixes issue whereby completing the quest 'Curse of the Ebony Hawk' prevented the player from obtaining the quest 'Bond Gambit.
- Fixes issue whereby completing the quest "Expedition to Saircor" prevented the player from obtaining the quest "One Threat at a Time.
- Fixes issue whereby completing the quest "Earth Strength" would prevent the player from receiving the "Fading Lights" and "Azure Tears" quests.
- Fixes issue whereby completing the quest 'Twisted Metamorphosis' prevented the player from receiving the quest' Blessings of the Fallen.
- Fixes issue whereby completing the quest "Faces of Light and Darkness" would prevent the player from obtaining the quests "Descending into a Frosty Sleep" and "Transmutating Iron to Dust.