Weapon smithing is one of the crafting professions in New World MMORPG. Allows players to create a variety of weapons and useful consumables, including:
- great axes
- War hammers
- Repair Kits - Restore weapon durability. A very important thing!
- Smoothing Stones - temporarily increases weapon damage. Also very important consumables, especially at higher ranks.
As you can see, spears and hatches are not listed as they are related to the engineering profession.
The Crafting weapons level limit is 200. Advancing your profession allows you to unlock new recipes and produce the same items, but with better parameters. For example, you can create the same weapon with a higher gear rating and more damage.
Crafting is the only way to raise the level of your profession. Craft as many items as possible, sell or reclaim them for resources and recreate them.
Don't forget to use crafting boosters! They can help you produce better items.
Workbench: anvil and forge
The profession requires a Forge workshop. You can find him in the nearest Settlement. Just don't forget that more advanced crafting recipes require a high-level forge. You won't have any problems with this early in the game, as low-level blueprints require Forge lvl.1 or lvl. 2. But this can become a problem later when the plan requires Forge lvl.4 or higher. In this case, you can:
- Find a settlement with a high rank forge. Visit this settlement and start building there.
- Increase the level of the forge in the current settlement by completing city blueprints.
You decide which option is better for you.
Bars are the basic material for any weapon. You'll need a lot of different Ingots, so mastering the Mining skill is a good idea. We advise you to align Weapons Crafting and Mine together. In this case, you will always have enough bars.
You'll also need Mercury to craft better items and bonus resources like Leather, different types of Plank, and so on.
If you want to be a good craftsman, you will have to collect a lot. But the size of the inventory is limited and if made or later you will have to enlarge it. Read this guide to learn more: How to increase your inventory space in New World.
There are 2 types of recipes:
- Regular blueprints - you unlock these recipes when you advance in Weapon Crafting and they stay with you forever. They will always be available and you can use them at any time.
- Artifact Recipes - Allows you to create only one item and then disappear. Such plans are associated with high-level items.