You can see your current progress on each of them in the character menu.
Each trading skill has a hard limit of 200. This means you cannot level them once you hit the limit. The good thing is you don't have to focus on one or two of them. If you want, you can try to advance in all of them at the same time. It will take more time, but it is possible.
Crafting skills allow you to unlock new schematics and craft things more efficiently. A higher skill allows the player to produce items with higher equipment scores more often.
Collecting skills allow you to collect different types of knots. They also allow players to track nodes on the minimap. For example, you will be able to see the nearest iron knots at a distance.
- Woodcutting / Logging - Allows players to collect and track different types of wood.
- Mining - Allows you to mine and track ore nodes. This profession is required not only for ingot smelting, but also for masonry and other professions.
- Fishing - allows you to catch different species of fish in different types of water. You can use fish to cook your food.
- Harvesting - allows you to collect various types of plants. Useful for all alchemists and for making dyes.
- Targeting and Skinning - allows you to collect resources from animals after killing them.
Perfecting the skills
Refinement skills allow players to craft different types of materials using resources. The deeper you go, the better materials you can make.
- Smelting - Allows you to produce a variety of ingots and charcoal. Very important to a blacksmith.
- Woodworking - enables the production of various types of boards and sandpaper.
- Furrier - allows you to make various types of leather. Very useful for crafting medium armor.
- Weaving - allows you to make the linen used to create light armor.
- Masonry - allows you to make stone blocks and gems. Gems are used to upgrade armor and weapons.