Unlike Outpost Rush, you can participate in a siege at any level after joining a faction. Remember that you can join the siege on level 15 and fight players on level 60.
When a territory is weakened to such an extent that it becomes vulnerable to declaring war, any company in the undermining faction may declare war on that territory. When this happens, one of the companies that declared war will be chosen as the Vanguard. There is a lottery that decides which company will lead the charge in battle.
- The most active Companies in the Influence Race will have a better chance of being selected as the Vanguard.
- All faction companies cannot declare war when the territory is thrown into conflict.
- To be eligible, a company must contribute at least 10% of the total influence required to cause conflict in the territory.
- In the unlikely event that no company contributes more than 10%, each company will be entitled to declare war.
- The declaration of war button now indicates if the company can declare war.
- If more than one company declares war in the same territory during a conflict, the amount of influence the company has contributed to the conflict increases its chance of being elected as the Vanguard.
If your company was selected as vanguard, the company governor can then select members of his company to fill the ranks of the attacker in a 50 out of 50 war each of their factions, and even volunteers from the third faction, to take part in the war.
For example, if a Syndicate Company has declared war on a Marauder's Territory and they don't have enough warriors to fill their ranks, they can enlist help from Alliance members. If you want to donate your sword and volunteer for Wars, you must go to the Territory where the War is to take place and enroll on the War Plaques in the Settlement or outside the fort.
Wars will be fought at certain times determined by the defending company. Being able to set a time when a war takes place helps to better coordinate the participants. It also eliminates the possibility of offline raids or wars that occur at inconvenient hours for most members involved.
If you have been selected to fight, please make sure you are logged in and ready as you will receive a notification before the war starts. When it's time for battle, you'll be teleported from where you are on Aeternum to the battlefield.
Once the siege has started, the attacker's primary objective is to break through the fort's walls and capture its fortress, while the defending army defends the fort from being conquered by attackers who will take ownership of their faction's territory if they are successful.
Before any gates of the fort can be damaged and breached, attackers must first capture the three collection points in front of the fort. Once captured, they cannot be captured by defenders, and the frontline is getting closer.
It is important to note that Rally Points can be used by your team as respawn points or as access to the Armory.
During a siege, there is a scoreboard that gives players an overview of their results. It can be accessed by pressing the default "N" key
As an attacker, you can spend your battle tokens in the War Camp Armory to get Siege Platforms and build them on the battlefield. You earn Battle Tokens by contributing to the battle.
The defending fort will be able to build Siege weapons along its walls to help repel the attack. These Siege weapons will not cost defenders, but how powerful these Siege weapons are will be dictated by how they were upgraded in the pre-war territory progression system.
So if you want to protect your fort with the strongest siege weapons available, make sure you complete the required city projects in the company settlement.
There are multiple entrances to the fort where the defenders will have to divide their attention and siege weapons. Defenders also have Siege Supply, which is automatically generated during the War by Siege Supply Generators. These resources can be used to repair structures including gates, armories, siege supply generators, and siege weapons.
The siege weapons available to attackers are as follows:
- The gun platform has an average rate of fire and the highest damage per hit, the gun is most effective against structures and large, slow-moving targets. A few focusing cannons can quickly destroy any defensive structure.
- The fire launcher platform fires a flaming projectile that explodes on impact and covers an area on fire. It is most effective against infantry and is a good way to counter enemies that are shooting from a distance from the fort's walls. It is also very effective at blocking an area and keeping opponents away from capture points.
- The Repeater Platform is a rapid-firing turret that fires bolts at a very high speed. Bolts do not deal much damage individually, but continuous fire can quickly weaken infantry. It is most effective against smaller and faster targets where other towers have trouble hitting.
The siege weapons available to defenders are as follows (if upgraded before the siege):
- The Ballista is a version of the Defender's Cannon and performs the same role as a siege weapon against structures. It has an average rate of fire, very high damage per shot, and is most effective against buildings and large, slower-moving targets.
- High-explosive cannon fires an explosive shot that disrupts and knocks back enemies. It is most effective against infantry groups and provides blocking an area (as in the rallying points in front of the fort). However, its low rate of fire makes it largely ineffective against fast-moving targets.
- The Repeater Turret is a version of the Defender's Repeater and is functionally the same as the Attacker. High rate of fire, low damage per shot and most effective against smaller, faster targets.
- The Fire Dropper pours a flaming, molten liquid onto everyone below it. It deals high damage over time, making it most effective against groups of enemies attacking the gate.
- The Horn of Immunity temporarily buffs healing and defense to all allies in the area. It has a long cooldown, but can turn the tide of battle when used at the right moment.
During a siege, an armory will be available for both attackers and defenders. Players will earn battle tokens for their siege scores and can spend them to get siege ammo, potions, and the following traps from the armory
- The Inferno Mine explodes and covers an area of fire when an enemy gets close enough. It is very effective in blocking an area and most effective when placed over the points of constriction.
- The Powder Keg deals the highest damage of all siege weapons, making it extremely effective against gates. The fuse must be ignited by hand and has a long service life. The Powder Keg will not explode if destroyed early, requiring players to actively defend themselves.
After the siege is over, you will be able to view the post-game mileage which will allow you to view a more detailed siege stats page. Players on both sides of the conflict are then teleported back to the settlement. If the defenders manage to defend, they will maintain control of the territory, but if the attackers are victorious, a New Settlement government is formed. The company that was elected as the Vanguard would then be the company managing the territory.
With a siege, there are some nice incentives to control the territory.
- Any two settlements controlled by the same faction will have the settlement stores connected. Players can transfer items from the storage associated with their current location for a fee in the form of coins.
- A resource cart has been added to each city, providing members of the controlling faction with small amounts of ore, leather, wood, fiber, food or oil, as well as small amounts of refining agents such as tannins or sandpaper.
- When territorial taxes are outstanding, all company and faction bonuses are disabled.
- Faction bonuses: 10% more harvesting in Controlled Territory, +50 Happiness in Controlled Territory
- Company bonuses: 70% discount on fast travel to the controlled territory, 30% reduced taxes in the controlled territory, 20% reduced house purchase costs in the controlled territory